Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Shabby Camping!

My darling hubbie has been trying to convince me of the benefits of camping for many years of our married life and I have to admit I have been trying to avoid the subject for most of those many years. I finally weakened after a trip to the caravan and Camping show after seeing the range of camper trailers and many promises of how fun the adventures will be be. So................
I would like to introduce our new family member ( as yet un-named ) guarranteed to set up in 5 minutes!
Our white camping trailer pack with all the promises of many happy memories!
 
So this weekend was our first trial run- it was Dave's fathers 70th and so we set off for Stroud with a group of family and other friends to celebrate. We didn't arrive till about 9.30 on Friday night  and had the job of the first set up in the dark.We really did aim for the 5 minute set up but it took us 12 min,. not too bad we thought for our first time but room for improvement.

The weekend was lovely, a great chance to celebrate and all the cousins had so much fun together! Highlights for my girls were the tyre swing, the rope swing over the creek and Stells favourite pick was toasting marshmellows. I enjoyed sitting around chatting with friends we hadn't seen in  years.
 Pack up on Sunday took a bit longer than 12 minutes but it always does doesnt it?May be I was made for camping after all, although we did get the label " Glamping" - oh well if the shoe fits!


No comments:

Post a Comment