Wednesday, 31 August 2011

An Interview from The Modern Marigold

Today I have the privilege of interviewing Amanda Fetters from The Modern Marigold. This is a shop I love due to its abundance of vintage sheets! Amanda sells skirts made from beautifully patterned sheets for little girls as well as us grown up ladies. She also has DIY buntings and other lovely items. I got to know Amanda while shopping in her store and love the skirts which I purchased. They are about to get a lot of use as in Australia, today is the first day of spring.

* Tell us a little of your story..
As a teenager, I always felt I was cut out for Adventure. I just never imagined that Adventure would happen in the form of the US Army! My husband joined after college. I love it because we get to experience tons of new places and make so many new friends everywhere we go. Right now we're in upstate New York, where our next door neighbors are dairy farmers who make maple syrup every spring (and we got to see the whole process this year -- cool!).
My beautiful skirts!


*What has influenced your sense of style and love of vintage things?
I adore bold, vintage-inspired color (and a lot of it), but never had the courage to wear much of it until I started reading blogs like A Beautiful Mess. Watching Elsie's style evolve showed me that, when paired with confidence and taste, the style that's in your heart is the style that you should show on the outside, too.

* Apart from creating things what do you do?
Herd cats. (Did I say that out loud?) My girls are 2 and 4 years old, and being their mama is at once the utmost joy and the utmost challenge of my life. We are also active members of our church: as a family, our faith is at the heart of everything we do.

* How did you find Etsy?
You know, I can't remember exactly. But I adore it!



* What inspires you?
God, every day, all the time. Every gift I have comes straight from him.

Thanks so much Amanda! We wish you every success with all you undertake. Thanks too for the time to come and speak with us!!!

4 comments:

  1. This was great. Good for you, stepping out there and getting your first interview for the blog. And thanks for introducing us to Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Great interview. I enjoyed it so much. Thanks for introducing me to Amanda, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview, beautiful skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, pleased to introduce a treasure like Amanda to you!

    ReplyDelete